Tropical South India - 19 December 2009

Hello there! Anybody out there booked on this trip? I am travelling on my own and have never done anything remotely like this before. Feeling very nervous but looking forward to the experience!!.....I think!

Topaz

Hello - My friend Jeni and I are also booked on this trip, we are really looking forward to it. I met Jeni about 8 years ago we had both booked to go to Cuba (on our own) and ended up being allocated a room to share and we have been good chums ever since. See you on the 19th! 

sunshinesusie

Hello Carol and Jeni....so pleased to hear that I am not going on my own!! Look forward to meeting you. Starting to wonder what I should pack? Travelling light has never really been my thing before! Will evenings be very casual ? - I don't need any posh frocks do I? I have no idea at all what to expect!!

maccgardners

Less than 20 days till we board the long flight, but so looking forward to feeling the warm sun of Kerala.  We are Sandy and Keiko - and we live in Macclesfield, which is nice, but a little bit wet, cold and dark at this time of year (some might say it always is).  Keiko got me started on these 'trip of a lifetime' adventures, and though we've only had one lifetime, we've been lucky enough to have a few trips!!  I doubt you'll feel like you're travelling on your own for long, as there is usually a decent sized group, and everybody gabs away with everybody else.  After a few days, it can feel a bit like a big family... so how do you get along with your family in close company for a couple of weeks?  ;-)  It is what you make of it.  If you're wondering what to bring on a tropical trip, I think the Nomad Travel store has some comprehensive kit lists.  We will be aiming for cool/comfortable rather than posh in our packing.  All the best...  Sandy

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936