ACE - Imperial China and Yangtze River Cruise

Are you going on this trip? 

Anna Jones

Yes, I'm going but aren't we leaving London on the Saturday? 

lh

Anna.  Good to hear from you.  The departure date stated is the land only date.  I will be getting the group flight from Heathrow on Saturday 4th. 

Liz

Anna Jones

Hi Liz (and anyone else who is going).  I've had a 'trial packing session', it didn't go too well!!  Suspect 3/4 of the portable chemist-shop for deadly diseases as yet unheard of may be left behind!  Have you any ideas as to the levels of comfort, amounts of walking etc we can expect?  Also, the weather, I'm finding it difficult to get an idea of the range of temperatures we may come across!  Anna

lh

Hello Anna and everyone else on this trip.  You are alot further ahead than me on the packing.  I am beginning to decide what I will take, but the start of the packing will not be until the middle of next week.  I am assuming that the temperature is going to be warm in some places and cool in others, so I am taking things for all weathers.  I think there is one possible walk but nothing more than that.  As for the comfort that again looks a mixture - the hotel in Beijing looks a typical large hotel but I suspect some of the others will be more basic.  Liz

Hi Anna and Liz

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else.  Packing as little as possible but difficult with mixed climate.  Also got half the medicine cabinet but suspect not too many mozies this time of year. I assume no one is taking anti-malarial stuff as not going that far south?

Di

lh

Hello Di, Anna and everyone else on this trip.

I have just started gathering things together now and it looks as though I will be taking my large bag!  I am not taking any anti-malarial stuff but will be taking insect repellent.  Are you travelling on the group flight from Heathrow? 

Liz

Hi

Yes, keeping an eye out for Exodus travel tags as usual!

Di

Hi

Yes, keeping an eye out for Exodus travel tags as usual!

Di

Anna Jones

Hi all.  What Exodus travel tags?!  Case currently weighing in at 18kg with no intention of it being any more, but no doubt additional anti-this-that-or-the-other will creep in!  Will be on the look out for people at Heathrow, if not see you in Beijing.  Anna

Well done with the packing - concentrated effort tomorrow on my part - have taken some time off work to get organised!

Didn't you get a couple of Exodus luggage labels (sorry - perhaps tags the wrong word).  Sure a couple came my way?? May be see you in Heathrow - if not Beijing.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Di

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 0208 772 3936