AEN Nile Cruise 28th August 2010

Hi

Has anyone booked onto the above holiday to Egypt?  Myself and my boyfriend are booked on the group flight and will be departing from Heathrow on 28th August.  Look forward to hearing from you.

Jo

bevsmeaton

Hi Jo, I'm actually booked on the 11 Sept departure but just wondered what your thoughts were on the amount of money to take with you - I noticedthat you have to pay for a lot of the entry fees to the various attractions.  I've also added on the Alexandria extension.

Really looking forward to it.

Bev 

bevsmeaton

Hi Jo, I'm actually booked on the 11 Sept departure but just wondered what your thoughts were on the amount of money to take with you - I noticedthat you have to pay for a lot of the entry fees to the various attractions.  I've also added on the Alexandria extension.

Really looking forward to it.

Bev 

Hi Bev

We're not doing the Alexandria extension unfortunately and, to be honest, we haven't worked out the money bit yet!  We need to sit down and plan this because I'd like to see as much as possible whilst we're out there.  Have you had any thoughts on it?  Jo

bevsmeaton

Hello - I know what you mean about wanting to see everything, I've had a quick look - it is quite difficult to tell asI am not sure how much time there will be for buying gifts etc and if it is worth it - if you were to go on all the excursions listed it will be quite costly.  Really going to have to sit down and work this out.  Is your trip full - the 11 Sept looks like it is full. 

Bev

I'm not sure if the trip is full, but it's guaranteed.  We plan to sit down this weekend and look at excursions and costings so we've got some kind of idea.  With regard to buying souvenirs etc I understand that you have to be prepared for determined haggling!

bevsmeaton

Hello - are you all set for your trip?

I have a bit longer to wait then you -not going till 11 sept.   Am struggling to desicde what to pack!  I'll probs pack far too much of the wrong clothes.

Still all good fun.  I decided to take some Egyptian pounds and some UK money with me - I checked with Exodus and you can easily change money across there and all the trips can be bought using either debit or cedit card so that saves a bit as well.

Hello again - not long for us now!  Apparently the boats Exodus use for the Nile cruise are Isis and Osiris - having looked them up on Google I've decided to pack a couple of summer dresses as well as shorts etc as they look quite classy!  We are taking Egyptian currency to the equivalent of £50 and changing the rest there as it's supposed to be a better exchange rate.  I've also been advised to let my bank know that I will be travelling to Egypt so if I need to use my card there's less chance of it being stopped in case it's suspected fraud! 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936