MIS - 07th OCT 2011

hello anyone going on the 'Cycling through North India' trip?

Kevin_Mc

We've just booked this - looks good.  It's inspired me to get my bike out today for first cycle this year.  4 months to get in shape..

We have just booked. Very exciting!!! - and a bit scary.

oadesy

I was worried that it all might go wrong so started the process early.

I found the online form frustating and must have done it 4 times before I was convinced it was right. I asked, vfsglobal, who do the visas, a few questions which they answered quickly and clearly. I couldn't make the photos myself so went to Jessops who did them for £10 for 2 photos. Very reasonable!! Anyway, I posted our forms to Hayes last Tuesday and the passports were back on my desk on Saturday. Amazing. Nothing to fear!

Kevin_Mc

We are lucky as there is a VFS Global visa place in Edinburgh so can pop in easily.  Have used them a few times in the past and they are very good- especially when you compare them to the old Indian consulate.  I'm more worried about the hills than the visas.   

Are we all ready for those hills? Don't think I will ever be. Really looking forward to the trip though. Is anyone doing the optional extension? Angela

Kevin_Mc

I get passed by cyclists every time I look at a hill.  Still there should be a few downs as well as up.  Been practising the curry eating.  Only 1 more week of work, then mountains - what more  could a person wish for.  Not doing the extra bits as we have have been there before - and will be extremely jeolous of anyone who is doing it.

GDK

I hope I am ready for the hills and the mild currys, but not sure about the really hot currys!

Is everyone taking maleria tablets, etc or were you advised by your doctors not to bother?

We are not bothering with Malaria tabs as it's a low risk area. The practice nurse seemed more bothered by the risk of being bitten by a rabid dog, she did point out that if that happened death was certain. A bit OTT!!!!!! Went cycling on Sat and got overtaken by lots of fit looking people on road bikes. Story of my cycling life. Angela

a_t

Hi

I have managed to miss this thread somehow. Am now really excited about the trip, it should be fantastic.  Packing tonight!

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Alan

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936