Everest Base Camp

Hi Everyone, and Happy New Year!

Anyone on the forum thinking of trekking in Nepal this year? I'm considering the EBC and would be like to hear from you if you are thinking of going or have been before.  Any advice (in particular re: ground conditions - i suffer from vertigo...) would be most appreciated!

All the best,

Magda

Magda

Hi Paul, thanks for your email - you're right about the reviews which have been great so I'm pretty sold on it.  :-)  Just need to work on my fitness levels now (hoping that my rowing training will help here...).

Anyway, look forward to the experience.  And maybe see you on the tracks (my exact dates depend on work).

Best,

M

pemerton

Hi Magda,

I have just booked the EBC trip for 5th October, can't wait!  Reviews say it's a fantastic trip.  People that have been before seem to say that tracks are wide, so vertigo shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Go for it!

Good luck, Paul 

Hi Magda,

I did EBC a couple of years ago, it is an amazing trip and you MUST do it.  The trails are not a problem, there are no big drops to worry about, but there are several suspension foot bridges that cross the rivers, but don't let you put that off, you have to go.

Mark.

Magda

Hey Mark - many thanks for your message!

Sounds like an absolutely top trip – bring it on!  ? Also, cheers for the heads up re bridges.  This shouldn't be a problem – as long as there is a rope I can hang on to (for dear life…) or I'll just crawl over them like a caterpillar!  Either way – really looking forward to it.

All the best,

Magda

nbeattie

hi magda just booked myself for 12th oct never been outside europe bit nervous bit excited.dont suffer from vertigo though love heights

pemerton

Neil,

My booking has also been moved to the 12th October due to flight increases, so see you there!

Cheers, Paul 

Hi All,

I'm also booked on the 12th Oct  trip. Really looking forward to it.

cheers

tony 

dudibug

Hey Anybody out there!!!!!!!!!!

We that me Rekha, Divya and Rachel are booked to go to base camp E on the 19th of october!!!!!!!!!!

Who's joining us please get in touch !!!

i'm so nervous. I need to get fitter which i proving hard work i have realise i'm as stuborn as a mule jus need to find the carrot which will get me moving!!!!!!!

Anyway would love to chat to anybody who's going or been for any advise!!!!!!!!

Take care

Rekha

Hi Rekha

I'm Cat and I'm also booked on the EBC trek on 19th october. Can't believe it's only 5 months away - not long to get myself fit!!  I'm going out on a seperate flight from the main group, so I'll be meeting up with you all at the hotel in Khatmandu. Is anyone going on the Royal Chitwan extension as well?

should be a fantastic experience for us all - I can't wait...

Cat

dudibug

HEY CAT,

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!!!!!! YOUR NOT WRONG THERE 5 MONTHS TO GO AND I'M STILL TRYING TO FIND MY TREKING HEART!!!!

WE ARE ALSO BOOKED ON THE EXTENSION TO CHITWAN SO I GUESS YOUR STUCK WITH US!!!

YUP YOU SOUND VERY EXCITED LIKE MY MATES, THEY KEEP GOING ON ABOUT HOW GOOD ITS GONNA BE I'M JUS SCARED!

HOW YOU TRAINING I'M JUS WALKING SLOWLY!!!!!!

WERE GOING TO MARROCCO ON THE 1ST JUNE FOR THE TASTER TO GRADE 3 TREK I'LL LET YOU KNOW IF I SURVIVE!!!!!!!

TAKE CARE AND KEEP IN TOUCH

MY EMAIL IS [email protected]

Rek.

dcockrill

Hi, I'm booked on the EBC for the 12 Oct and just wanted to say hello to anyone else going on the same trip. I see Neil, Tony and Paul are going on the trip and I look forward to meeting you and everyone else doing the same trip soon ( I say soon, it will be here before you know it). So hows the training going? I'm a novice to this so any tips will be gratefully received. 

Best wishes to all, Don.

Hi to everyone going on the EBC on 19th October - can't quite believe that it's only 4 weeks today we'll be on our way to Kathmandu! It would be great to hear from other folk on the trip (R - how did the walking holiday go? Hope it helped with your prep for this one)

Roll on October!

Cat

Hi Rekha, Divya, Rachel and Cat and everyone else on the 19th Oct EBC trek! I've just booked at the last minute...just over 1 week to go, its crazy and it certainly hasn't sunk in yet!!! Anyway I did Kili 3 months ago which was awesome and I can't wait to do this one. I go out a day early as flights were all booked. Hear from you soon or see you out there :-)

Ed 

Hi Ed

Great to hear from you!

I'm doing my own flights as well - I get into Kathmandu just after 8am on the 20th so should be at the hotel by late morning (I think the main group gets in early evening) so I'll maybe see you around

Cat

ps I have a couple of friends who did Kili 3 weeks ago - you must have been on the summit about the same time......  

I meant they did Kili 3 months ago (if you only did it 3 weeks ago, you'd really be a glutton for punishment....)

Hi, Don I'm booked on the trip for the 12 Oct to and just wanted to say hello to you and anyone else going. Look forward to meeting you and everyone else soon (or should i say sunday). Well did you get any useful tips?

Hey Cat, only just logged on again! Just packing now as I leave tomorrow (18th) and get there early 19th. I think the group arrive pm on 20th. So see you in Kathmandu!!

Yeah I did Kili in July and it was awesome! Made the summit and gave me the bug to do all the key mountains and summits (Everest summit another time!!) across all continents :-). Everest should be amazing.

See everyone in a couple of days...

Ed 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936