Lost World

My grilfriend and I have just signed up for the Lost World trip (2nd-16th Aug) and are very excited.

It's our first exodus adventure and can't wait.  Any tips, advice or stories?

Tim & Heather

Hi Tim and Heather -

I'm glad you're excited about the trip as Canaima really is a beautiful and unspoilt area and offers some great trekking. A Sunday Telegraph journalist recently did the same trip with us and you can read his article on their website to get some more insight into what to expect on the holiday. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/main.jhtml?xml=/travel/2008/01/26/et-a... . Let us know if you have any specific questions as a couple of us here in the office have also trekked up Roraima - Tim (trip manager - Exodus)

timginns

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the link.  An interesting read.  We've both read The Lost World (Conan Doyle) and The Quest for the Lost World (Brian Blessed) in the past few months so we feel quite informed about what to expect.  The more we find out about the area and tepuis the more amazing it looks.

Thanks for the offer of questions.  I'm sure we will take you up on it closer to the time.  We've both had conversations with Brendan who was extremely helpful and right now we're waiting for confirmation that the trip is going ahead.  Fingers crossed.

Tim and Heather

Gunilla

Hi Tim & Heather, plus any other fellow travellers,

I've also signed up for the Lost World trip in August, together with my friend Cathy.  I look forward to meeting you there!  I've just finished reading "The Lost World" by Conan Doyle, and the landscape sounds amazing, although I hope the trip won't be quite as dangerous as in the book!! 

Cathy and I are planning to spend a few extra days on the beach at the end of the Exodus trip, to relax after the trekking and travelling round.  We're thinking of possibly Isla Margarita, but haven't booked anything yet.  If anyone has recommendations for good places to stay, I'd love to hear about it!

Gunilla

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 0208 772 3936