Land of the Tiger - 15th March

I am booked onto this trip and was wondering whether anybody else out there has been on it and can offer any hints or tips.  I would also be interested to hear from any fellow travellers booked on the same trip.

I did this trip in November 2006 and it was absolutely wonderful.  I thought there was a good balance between doing a bit of sightseeing in Delhi and Agra and being out of the hustle and bustle of the cities and into the wonderful peace and calm of the tiger reserves and the bird sanctuary.  Accommodation is good and the food is fine if a bit monotinous.  The train trips - especially the overnight trip - are a very Indian experience!  I imagine it will be pretty hot in March but with less vegetation you will probably get brilliant sights of tigers.  Don't think I can offer any particularly useful tips but if there is something specific you would like to know pls ask.  We saw lots of tigers - some very close up - worth taking a decent camera and binoculars.

PMilburn

Thanks for the reply.  It is good to hear from someone who has been on the trip.  It is only 10 days away now and so am getting very excited although I am obviously trying to contain myself just in case we don't see any tigers (fingers crossed!.  I must admit that I am a bit apprehensive about the train trips having seen the Natural World recently but I suppose it is all part of the experience!

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936