AXE Archaeological Treasures of Jordan

Well I'm booked on the October departure for this trip eager to see who my other travellers will be. Also looking for advice on best attire for young ladies in this part of the world as I don't want to attract too much adverse attention.

Hudson

Hi, I'm also booked onto the October departure and am looking forward to it.

ChristineD

Hi Jo, I have been wondering what to take also. After reading all the literature again it advises long trousers or long skirts and to keep your shoulders covered, so trousers, long skirts and T-shirts with sleeves will be going into my case. Plus my swimming costume, a baggy T-shirt and a pair of shorts to get in the Dead Sea (if needed).

Booked my coach ticket today, so the departure date seems to be coming quickly.

See you soon!

Jo Lloyd

Well as i got trip title wrong someone else has started forum about this and all three of you look like good fun so initial worries about group dynamic have been calmed, now just woryying about heat, horsriding and scuba diving.

ChristineD

Mmmm - never been on a horse in my life - should be fun : ), but anything to do with water and that will be fine. Looked at the weather the other day and it said 30 deg C - don't know how I will do heat covered head to toe! Not long now - see you on Friday.

I went on the AXW trip in June. It was just amazing! Ladies, don't worry about covering ever inch of flesh, just don't wear short shorts or teeny t-shirts. Cut off trousers are fine and shirts that cover your shoulders. It's a matter of being sensible and repectful more that anything.

You'll have that most amazing time. I loved it so much that I'm going back next week!

Doh, I've just realised that these posts were from last year! Idiot!

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936