Vietnam Adventure 8 November 2008

Ruth and I are very much looking forward to this trip in November.  One of my daughters, Charlotte, has already been to Vietnam  with some friends and had a wonderful time, so we thought we would give it a go too.  We are looking forward to meeting the rest of the group, whoever you are.

julia lynne

Hi Gordon, my husband Rob and I are also coming on this holiday, it is his first Exodus trip and is taking him out of his comfort zone. I have been on many and know what it will be like (fantastic )!!! Have you been with Exodus before ? We are looking forward to meeting you both and the group, its great being able to find out who else will be going

Hello Julia

Ruth and I are both new to Exodus and S.E. Asia, so we are looking forward to something a bit different.  The only similar thing we have done is to visit India before our children were born.  Now that the last one is off to university (A-levels permitting) we thought we would try something different again.  While the children were growing up we stuck to family-friendly holidays in Australia, USA and Europe.

We look forward to meeting you and Rob and the rest of the group.  We have to go to Hanoi a day early because all the planes out on Saturday were booked.  We have a different hotel for one night.  I hope we all meet up OK.  Don't leave Hanoi without us!

Regards

Gordon 

Hi All

Not sure if you are on the same trip ( you mentioned a trip going 8th Nov) but I too am looking forward to  Vietnam and having travelled quite extensivelya round SE Asia previoulsy Vietnam is like the last bit of the SE Asia puzzle for me. I  have travellle with Exodus before and can recommend them and are ( they were) organised and it was a fun trip. Well if you are on  same trip in Nov then see you then  - if not have a great trip.

Jonathan

alicat40

Hi Gordon - it will be great having a bit of sunshine (and a bit of rain from what I can work out) in November whilst the UK will be wet and cold. Been dead organised and just got my injections sorted but have conflicting advice on malaria tablets, the nurse at my local surgery seems to err on the side of caution so I have a subscription, I have also got my visa sorted - it took less than a week.  Everyone I have met who has been to Vietnam have loved so I can't wait. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Alison

julia lynne

Hi all I have just rung Exodus to make sure that the trip has enough people to go, to be told that it is full.

There are 4 couples and 8 single people with an age range fron 24 to 60, that sounds great to me. My husband and I are traveling on the 8th from Heathrow, is anyone else? Exodus usually seat the group together, so I look forward to meeting you all.Rob my husband has never done anything like this before and I'm hoping he will love it so we can go on more in the future, but as he only glanced at the trip notes before agreeing to go , it should be interesting for all !!!

Some more comments from people about maleria would be good.   See you all soon.

charlieridley

Hi All,

I'll be joining this trip on the 8th and am really looking forward to it. Sounds like it should be a good group. I'll be one of those 8 single people and at 25 I will be one of the little nippers in the group, but not the youngest - a first for me for an exodus trip!

See you all in November

Charlie.

Hi folks - I've just returned from the 30th August departure. Couldn't have asked for a better and rewarding holiday. So much to do and see. A warm and welcoming people. Great food - great restaurants. A mixture of hustle and bustle in the cities, and a slow peaceful laidback outlook in the Central Highlands (despite the cockerels that can't tell the time).

I don't think malaria was an issue - my daughter never took precautions and is fine. You will be under nets in the village stays, and there is no problem in the hotels. I would recommend visiting the War Remnants Museum in Saigon - horrific but necessary. Governments never learn - but then not many politicians go on trips like this.

Finally, crossing a road is a major tactical exercise, especially Hanoi, so keep your wits about you.

All the best -  you'll have many good memories to take away.    

Dreamcatch

Hi Everyone

Really looking forward to meeting you all  and taking in the wonders of Vietnam - It's somewhere I've always wanted to go,  I'm travelling on my own for the first time - My wife's birthday pressie to me - I couldn't persuade her to go to Vietnam, although I've always really wanted to visit this part of the world-  can't wait!

See you soon

David 

Linda W

Hi all

Only 3 days to go! I am arriving in Hanoi a day early - staying at Platinum II hotel and meeting up with the group the following day.  Really looking forward to the trip and meeting you all.  I have travelled a few times with Exodus and have always had a fantastic holiday, some amazing experiences, and met some great people.  Glad to hear its the usual mix of couples, singles and ages  (I am a nipper too at age 45).  Is everyone doing the Cambodia extension?  3 whole weeks off work! 

See you all soon

Clarehen

Hi there, I've only just found this departure lounge area, I can't wait either, this will be my second exodus trip but going for it on my own this time.. really looking forward to meeting up with everyone.  I have booked the Cambodia extension Linda really looking forward to seeing Angkor Wat...   See you all at the weekend..  

Clare

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 0208 772 3936