TPT831 Inca Trail departing UK 30th July

Hi my name is Bev and I'm going on the Inca Trail with my friend Sue and really, really can't wait. Would love to get in contact with anyone else going on said trip or anyone who has been and can give us any tips as to what we need to take with us or not more to the point as I usually take everything bar the kitchen sink! So if there is anyone out there that can help or is going to be there please get in touch.

Cheers Bev 

malfam

Hi I got back from doing the Inca trail a few days ago and have a few tips for you. You need to take 2 pairs of trousers on the trail, one for the daytime and one to keep in your kitbag incase you get wet. Trousers which zip off into shorts are a good idea for the trail because you are limited on space. Dark colours are best because the trail is very dusty and you will end up looking very dirty. Warm clothes are also necessary because although you can wear shorts and t-shirts some days, it is cold at the high pass and at night time. A thin and light but warm fleece was pratical as an extra layer. Im not sure if you will be going to the hot springs at the end of the trail but if you are then take a small travel bottle of shampoo as there is a shower (and you will want it!). Body and face wipes are also a good thing to carry along with antibacterial hand wash. Take a heavy duty tough bin liner to put your clothes in inside your kit bag because it may rain and this will keep your clothes dry (a bag is provided to keep your sleeping bag dry).  Finally you need insect repellent for some days of the trail and make sure you wear it because the bites can be nasty even though the flys are small (I still have the bites now!!!!!)

I hope that helps a little! I had a fantastic time and I'm sure that you will too!

thanks for that - can't believe its only a week to go! Did you take an anorak as well as fleece? Also do you know how many km you walked a day approx?

Bev

malfam

Actually I ended up buying a poncho in Cuzco because i realised my rain jacket did not work. I didnt actually wear it in the end but something waterproof is a good idea. I think the first day was about 7km, then 5, then sometime like 8 and 6. I'm not sure exactly but you normally walk from about 7 or 8 am to around 4 pm (with many breaks inbetween).

Thanks - Just can't wait now! One thing is for sure I will have to do plenty more treking hols to make good use of all the kit I've got!!

Bev

tmullins

Hi!

My name is Tim and i'm coming along on this departure of the Inca Trail with my friend Kerry. I'm a teacher from West Yorkshire looking forward to this awesome trip more and more as each day passes! Will see you all soon :)

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936