Charging Camera batteries

Would any of you have any suggestions as to how to charge camera batteries. We will be going on the Mongolian Adventure trip and I have been told that outside of Ulan Bataar there will be little to no electricity to use. Any suggestions would be most appreciated! Albert

On the Exodus trip that I was on we were able to charge all our camera batteries on the truck when it was running. I purchased as a backup a Solio solar  charger which works, but is best used for cell phones and ipods.

Buy enough spare batteries to last the time you are away from electricity.

nix

If your camera uses AA lithium batteries then use those - I get 500 shots from one set with my Canon (but not using flash).There are very few places to charge batteries in Mongolia and, quite frankly, the solar panel battery chargers are only slightly better than useless if you have any battery over 2000mAh.

If you can atach an auxiliary battery to your camera then this is a good option. Maplins sell one for about £30 which is rated at 3600mAh and holds its charge for ages.

Jo_Jo

I've not long bought a Freeloader solar charger from Oxfam (they now sell all sorts of eco products in their shops and on line). Its really handy as it coms with pretty much every adapter you can think of and charges up with minimal sunlight. Its also very lightweight. I use it to charge my phone, camera and ipod

JohnPearce

Try checking out the new solar gorilla and power gorilla available from Mapli amogst other sources.  Expensive but can charge from the panels from a day in the sun for a few hours laptop use, battery charging etc.  Testing it out in the Okavango next month so will let you all know how it goes on.

Bellefield

Just bought a powermonkey for Kili, spoke to the company and they are making a universal camera battery charger which wraps around the camera battery - should be available in the next week or so.

You're in my heart, you're in my soul

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936