classic kenya safari

first time to keyna, camping and all, look forward t hearing from fellow travellers regarding this keyna/trip/location and wildlife experiences

Raeburn

Hi Jeffa.  Colin and I are joining you on the trip.  Very excited.  Neither of us have been in Kenya before, or on safari, but it's our dream holiday.  It's our honeymoon, we get married on the 21st.  Looking forward to meeting our fellow travellers.  We're travelling on the Amsterdam flight, which flight are you on?  Hopefully hear from you, and see you soon.  Fiona

jeffa

many thanks for your e-mail reply, i hope the 21 goes well, we are travelling out of heathrow on the 26 july, with my wife june and brother michael.

we have been on safari twice before - zimbabwe and last year to south africa kruger park, absolutely wonderful, the widelife and pictures taken were awesome and if our trips are anything to on it will be wonderful.

look forward to meeting up - hearing all about the wedding and perhaps see a few pics 

jeff acreman

Raeburn

Jeff.

Great to hear from you. Sounds like your seasoned safari travellers.  Do you have any tips about anything to pack that might be useful?  We've so excited about the safari, just hearing lions grunting to each other will make our holiday.  I think we arrive at the airport around 5 minutes before you (all going well). Then we're staying at the holiday in.  Are you three going there too? 

After the safari we go onto Zanzibar for a week.  The lodge is right on the beach, should be fab too. 

Say hello to June and Michael.  We are looking forward to meeting you all and I'm sure we'll bore you with the wedding chat and photos.  Can't wait.

Fiona Cunningham (soon to be Raeburn)

jeffa

season travellers - not certain, we do travel alot and enjoy all our vacations.

tips to pack - plenty of sun screen, mossi spray, camera/films/memory, fleece. hat, safari clothing, sunglsses ?, all being well we should meet up at the airport, looking forward to seeing you, hearing about your wedding (ours was 36 years ago) - and still going strong.

our camp in the mm is aparently home to a pride of 22/23 lions (very close accordingly to all reports) - so plenty of good pics we hope, all reports indicate that travel to kenya at this moment in time is very good - because the tourist trade is very slow with the un-rest of a couple of months ago, so to a good trip trip by all.

look forward to further contact

jeff a

Raeburn

Thanks for the tips, don't know if I would have immediately thought of the fleece, but I suppose it'll get cool in the evenings.  What currency are you taking?  We were going to take mostly American dollars with a little local currency.  We had also been advised that if we were going to visit the local school, it would be good to take things like pencils, rubbers and jotters as the trip supports the local school and these kinds of things are appreciated by the kids.  Have you heard anything about that?

Colin and I aren't that great with a camera. We were given a good one by my Mum and Dad as a wedding present and we've been trying to practice taking action shots.  However, I don't think the neighbours cat in the garden quite cuts it.  So we'll just have to see how that goes, but I'm sure we'll manage one or two decent photos. 

We only have one more week in work before we finish up.  I think we should just about last the final week. It's all getting very exciting. 

Can't wait to meet you all.

Fiona  and Colin

jeffa

sorry for late response, i have been to france for a week on a fishing trip.

good ideal regarding village - writing materials, we will certainly take writing pads/pencils/rubbers

regarding fleeces - you ned to take because the evenings do get cold

only a few days left - we are  starting to pack and lay out our travel - kit clothes/camera kit etc

see you soon

jeff

Raeburn

Hi Jeff

Hope you enjoyed your fishing.  That is us officially hitched.  The wedding was fab, just the best day.  We're heading into Glasgow this afternoon to get some last minute shopping so we can start packing.  This is the first we've really started thinking about what we're actually going to take, been too busy with the wedding stuff.  Can't wait, just a few days to go.

See you soon.

Mrs Fiona Raeburn

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936