Spitzbergen Adventure - Vavilov

Hi there!  Is anyone out there going on this trip?  Would be pleased to hear from you!  Sounds an amazing trip.

Liz from the depths of Wiltshire

zzyzzx56

Hi Liz,  I'm not going on this trip but thought I'd reply as I went to Spitz. last year.  Amazing, in a forlorn and desolate way!  You can hire WWII rifles from the guesthouses and go for walks on the outskirts of Longyear - polar bears regularly seen there, so a rifle (and ability to fire it) is a must.  Northern Spitz. is amazing - Raudfjord + Blomstrandt particularly beautiful.  Take a swimming costume as it's fun to plunge into The Arctic for a moment or so!  Enjoy Spitsbergen.

lizatbowden

Thanks for the info.  I think if I plunged into the Arctic the bears would have me for breakfast especially as I am not a good shot!

rayah

Hi Liz!

Karen and I are on the trip this weekend with you and are really looking forward to it.  Yes, I think we may give the Artic plunge a miss as well! 

Sounds like a big group if there are 20 of us. We're coming from Manchester so flying separately from the group tho we're on the same flight from Oslo so will meet up with everybody at Longyearbyen.

See you on Friday,

Ray 

lizatbowden

Hi Ray, Look forward to meeting you. Nice to know there will be 20, began to think I was the only one!!

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936