Everest Base Camp TNT839

Hi

Anyone else going on this trek?

garethbach

Yes me. Gareth Davies.

Travelling independently by Emirates from Manchester to Delhi via Dubai, due late booking. A bit apprehensive about transit procedure in Delhi to the Jet Lite Kathmandu flight. Have from 09.15 to 12.00 to reclaim baggage and check in again to achieve this. Am being met in Kathmandu about three hours before the main group from LHR. See you at the hotel on 29th afternoon hopefully.  Gareth.

garethbach

A lady called "Louise B" in the October departures has downloaded a visa application form, pasted on her photo & is all ready to jump the queue at Kathmandu airport visa desk. I have done the same today. Maybe it should be a standing instruction. Thanks Louise B.

Gareth.

jacktar

Hi Gareth,

My name is Terry Artt, I will be leaving with the main group from Heathrow (not sure how many). Thanks for the  tip re the visa I will do the same. Good luck with your connections, see you in Kathmandu.

Hi All

Now the question is whether I can do the visa thing before flying out Sunday!!!  Any ideas onhow cold/wet it is out there at the moment?

Hi Gareth,

I went to Katmandu in March, via Delhi and the transfer passenger arrangements there are awful (although they were still building the airport terminal at the time and things may be better now).  You need to make absolutely sure that you and your baggage are checked-in through from your initial departure airport right through to Kathmandu and that you get a boarding pass for both legs of the journey.  This will save you endless heartache and stress at Delhi - if you don't have a boarding pass, you'll have to wait until sometone at Delhi works out how to issue you one and if you're not checked right through, they'll have to unload your bags, have you identify them and then reload them. My best advice apart from the above is to seek out other Kathmandu passengers asap so at least there will be enough of you together that the airport staff will have to sort you out! The main thing is don't join the immigration queue at Delhi, if there still aren't any directions for transit passengers at Delhi, then hang around inside the arrivals hall and seek out fellow travellers as above.  The same applies on the return journey - my experience in Delhi on the way back (because Kathmandu airport wouldn't check us through) was the single most stressful travel situation I've ever been in and the plane had to be held back for us.

Good luck!

garethbach

Have obtained a 6 month Multiple entry tourist visa for India. (600 mile double journey to Birmingham !!!). Now plan to pass through normal arrival immigration etc. collect baggage & then start normal departure procedure to Kathmandu. The new terminal opened a month or so ago & reports are that departure procedure has improved. Emirates don't fly beyond Delhi, so I doubt that a through baggage/boarding card situation is possible in either direction.

Good luck Gareth and I hope you're right and that they've sorted things out better now that the new terminal is up and running. 

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936