TNE 841 October 7th

Anyone else out there going on this trip to Everest and Gokyo lakes?

Emma 

Edward McL

Hi Emma,

We will come with you!

We are Barbara and Edward McLaren, geriatrics of some 68 years standing. We did the Anapurna Circuit last year and enjoyed Nepal so much, we are having another crack at a different part of the Himalayas this year, before we get too old Barbara says.

There should be another 6 bodies that are joining us out there somewhere. maybe they will get in touch soon.

See you then,

Regards

Edward

The_Ts

Hi Emma, Barbara and Edward, like yourselves got the joining details this week (We were beginning to think we were the only ones!).  We are Carol and Alan Thomas, a couple of fifty somethings.  Last year we did the High Inca Trail, so sleeping in lodges will be absolute luxury compared to the hard Andean ground! although we only got as high as 4,960m.  Really looking forward to the trip although the Lukla flight (as seen on Youtube) looks an interesting prospect!?!?

The T's

emmalg

Hi all!! Ive done the high inca trail but looking forward to hearing about the annapurna circuit as toyed between doing that and this one! I have a horrible feeling you are all going to put me to shame as I will be the most unfit person there... (I broke my back badly two years ago and this has been the inspiration to get me walking again!!!)... 

I cant wait though.. am very excited... any tips from any of you as to what to bring? (other than the obvious that is!).. 

Emma 

emmalg

And I think I may avoid the you tube view of the flight... do I need to have a bottle of brandy with me to steady the nerves?

The_Ts

On one video we saw the pilot punch the air and shout 'yyyeeesss!' as he pulled the aircraft to a stop at the terminal - 'Mmmmmmm!'  I'm sure it's not that bad.  As for tips - all things lightweight to maximaise your 10Kg allowance and money should it go missing!  Don't forget to wear your walking boots on the flight out to Katmandu - the loss of these would be catostrophic

The T's

The_Ts

I'm joking! 

The T's

emmalg

Thank goodness for that! My blood pressure has just gone back to normal!

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Latest Forum Topics

Call us on 0208 772 3936