Anyone going on the Petra & the Pyramids trip?

Hi all, anyone else going on this trip?  This is my first Exodus trip, really looking forward to it, cant wait to see Petra. 

Any one got any advice on what I should be taking with me? I definately need to get some gear before I go.

Anyway be good to hear from anyone who is going to be on the same trip!

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich,

I'll be on this trip, coming from Canada. Haven't yet figured out the gear - debating over how warm a sleeping bag I really need, and what kind of footwear (trainers or hikers?). Looking forward to meeting you & the rest of our group.

richspence

Hi Hanna, good to hear there will be at least someone else on the trip!  So are you flying direct to Amman and joining the group there or coming via London? 

Yeah I have to pick up a decent pair of walking shoes as I dont really have anything suitable, also might get a new Sleeping bag although like you said not sure how thick it needs to be, I guess the desert there could be pretty cold at night?

Still got quite a bit to get before the trip, I think a couple of weeks of frantic buying are in order.

Rich 

Yes, there will be at least 2 of us on the trip, although I was told I was booking the last space. I've been on a couple of Exodus trips but this is the first time I've used the forum, so maybe the others just aren't reading/posting. I'll be meeting the group in Amman. I arrive about 7pm. When does the group flight arrive? Got some new shoes & will probably get a light (compact) sleeping bag and take along some warm fleece clothes just in case. Lots to do before I leave!

Hanna

richspence

Yeah it says the group will be 16 people, I guess no-one but us thought to look at the forum.

I picked up a new sleeping bag, they recommend 3 season, but I got a 2 season one that is supposed to cover me down to 1C.  I just hope I can fit it in my bag now!

Still got some stuff to get, looking forward to getting to Amman and meeting everyone.  I think the flight I'm on doesnt arrive until fairly late, around 9-10 in the evening from what I remember.

R

My flight arrives at about 7 and I can't promise I'll still be awake when the group arrives, since I'll have been travelling for 18 hours. Just about to do my last-minute packing & head tothe airport! See you tomorrow.

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments
Call us on 0208 772 3936