Travel Adapter for Nepal

I've been trying to find out which type of travel adapter to take on our forthcoming trip to Nepal, but have found conflicting details. From experience, does anyone know which type is required? Many thanks.

gharber

Trip details should read: Classic Annapuna 16/11/08

We went to Nepal last year, and if you are looking to charge camera batteries, most of the lodges have multi adaptors which charge most of the common batteries.(there is a charge for the service-and that's not a bad pun!!)  Also, common batteries like AA & AAA are available for sale in major towns/viillages like Namche, Pokhara etc. The hotel we stayed at in Kathmandu had standard UK 3 pin plugs, but they were not working all the time.

gharber

Thanks for the info Steve. I guess I'm just going to have to wait and see what's working when we get there. I've got the usual european/USA/Australian multi adapters, so one of them might work!

imran
gharber

Many thanks Imran for the info.

Hello,

When I travelled in Nepal they had whatever sockets they could anything from US to european to UK. The power is also variable and pot luck if you have a working socket or just one for decoration. So your multi adaptor should be fine. Enjoy!

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936