Any family out there going to Finland over Christmas?

Just thought I'd see if I could find any other families who might be going to Finland for a week of childish and exciting activities in -20+ temperatures.  I think I am more excited than my 9 year old who is more preoccupied with chocolate and how he is going to be tracked down by Father Christmas!

Drop us a line - I've never entered anything on a chatroom/forum before so I am a bit green about all this stuff!

Kerry, Martyn and Samuel Hall  

draper5

Hi Kerry,  my family and I are also booked on to the Finland trip at christmas. We have 3 daughters aged 13, 14 and 16. I am pleased that the temperature has dropped here so much to break us in gently! Are you also flying from Gatwick? We live in the Midlands so not too far to go. We received the tickets on Friday, so now suddenly it seems very real. Can't wait to get away and actually wake up to snow on christmas morning, which will be a first for the girls.

Donna, Liam, Holly, Amber and Keira

Kerryhall508

Hi Donna, Liam and Girls

I have now generated my first ever reply on a chat room!! Good to hear from you, and glad you are as excited as I am!  Been keeping an eye on the temperatures in Kuusamo and looks about -10, with only 4 hours proper daylight and then 'Polar light'.  I am so in the dark (excuse the pun) about what to expect with everything - accommodation, food etc that it can only be a pleasant surprise (hopefully).  We have travelled quite extensively with our small family, but never been to Scandinavia - how about you? I'm looking forward to the traditional saunas, though - and not having to cook Christmas Dinner!  We are going from Marlborough to Gatwick - Should see you there.  I think there is only one flight that day.  Oh, and are the kids looking forward to it?????!  

Kerry, Martyn and Sam

draper5

Only 3 days to go!!! 

We have aslo never been to Finland before.  We booked this trip after our  touring holiday to Costa Rica in July had to be cancelled due to me breaking my ankle 4 days before we were to fly.  As you can imagine I am being very careful at the moment!  The girls are so excited to be doing something different for christmas, we are all really hoping to be able to  see the northern lights. 

I wish I had bought my euros last month! 

See you on Sunday.

Donna, Liam, Holly, Amber & Keira

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936