Trekking in Atlas Mountains dep 2nd May

Hi, I'm Ben and I'm departing from Heathrow on 2nd May for the trekking trip to the Atlas mountains. It would be good to hear from anyone else who's set to do the same.

mozzer

hi Ben,

I will be joining you at Heathrow on 2nd may and am really looking forward to meeting up with you and the others on our trip - we are set for a good 2 weeks of highs and lows. Are you a seasoned trekker ? I am not a good camper but needs must !!

tania

Hi Tania. It's my first trek so a lot will be new to me. I've just spoken to exodus and they say a three-season bag is a must, particularly as there's still snow near the top of some of the mountains. I'm not a natural camper either and shivvering through the night is not my idea of fun, so three-season it is I guess!

mozzer

hey ben

i have been to toubkal before and a 3 season bag and a liner will be a must when we get up high.  you have probably seen the new itinerary by now too so be sure to take some warm clothes for evening and ascents. the mess tent mats are used at night so don't use up any valuable space in your kit bag with a thermarest or mat. Neutralising tablets are a must too for this trip as they use iodine to treat the water we need to drink and it is really horrid else.

2 weeks and I for one cannot wait !!

Hi

I am Cara and am on the 2nd May trip. Just got the new itinerary and seems ok to me, a bit less walking it appears but these things happen.

I went on the sister trip- anti atlas exodus trek about 15 years ago and loved it. Cold nights and hot days. A good sleeping bag is a must. Last time, as someone who had not travelled before and I knew no better, I brought a cotton sleeping bag from Tescos plus a pair of flanellete pyamas and froze to the bone.This time it is silk liner and heavy duty  down bag.

The scenery and people in the mountains were wonderful. Villages full of women as the men were away working in the cities.

See you in Heathrow on 2nd!

"What larks Pip"

Cara

chasbailey

Hi, I'm Chas. I'll be joining you at Heathrow on the 2nd. Did you all get contacted by Exodus regarding ice axe & crampons. I was advised to hire them from Trek Hire to collect at Marrakech airport.

Cara

Crampons- check, Ice pick- check, sleeping bag and liner- check

Looking forward to seeing you at the airport

Cara

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936