Northern India Nov

Get in touch if you are booked on this trip.

Gill

katede

Is it the November 5th departure you are going on?

Kate

katede

oh great, i am very excited although November seems like such a long way away at the moment! yes it would be good to exchange some ideas before we go, i'll get in touch nearer the time x

LisaRae

I'm also booked on this trip - first time to India - well anywhere in Asia actually - so really looking forward to it! 

Lisa

glewis-lee

Well that's 3 of us , also my first trip to India and should be fantastic .

LisaRae

Hi Gill,

It's nice to hear from fellow travellers before the actual trip - this departure lounge lounge idea's great!

There's so much I'm looking forward to seeing in India - the obvious one being The Taj! Not looking forward to the jabs though!

Anyway - it's great to hear from you - will stay in touch! 

Lisa

glewis-lee

Where abouts do you live ? may be if a few of us can meet before the trip for a drink if not too far apart

LisaRae

I'm in Surrey - about 6 miles South of Croydon - how about you? 

glewis-lee

Southampton  , so in terms of the world not far and happy to travel

LisaRae

We could perhaps meet up closer to the holiday - am off on another trip next week! 

glewis-lee

I hope it somewhere nice and sunny . Gill

LisaRae

Unfortunately not - work related trip - zzzz!  But off to Turkey in a couple of weeks to chill out!

Lisa

katede

Hi Lisa, great to hear from someone else going on the trip, i believe it is fully booked now so hopefully more people will start getting in touch. It is my first time in india too and very excited, really hoping we get to see a tiger!

Lisa and Gill - What are your thoughts on the visa? are you going to go through travacour or are you going to try and do it yourself? It seems quite expensive through travacour, but i guess it would be a lot easier, i have never had to get a visa before.

Kate x

LisaRae

Hi Kate,

Great to hear from you. Wow - can't believe the trips full! - hopefully we'll hear from some more people from the group. Not sure what to do about the visa really. I work quite close to India House so I could go and queue in my lunch hour - but as you say - it would be easier to sort it out online (I'll probably go for that option - at least they know what they're doing - whereas I don't!)

Where about's are you based anyway?

Lisa

katede

Hi Lisa, you are probably right, it is probably best to leave it to people who know what they are doing ;-) I live in North Yorkshire, so not at all handy for doing my visa in person and also very far from heathrow, this holiday is going to involve a lot of travelling before I even get on the plane for the 9 hour flight!

Kate x

stevethebike99

Changing jobs & taking a break - moving back to the UK having worked in the Middle East

stevethebike99

Changing jobs & taking a break - moving back to the UK having worked in the Middle East

stevethebike99

glewis-lee

Lisa if you fancy meeting up let me know

Gill

LisaRae

Hi Gill,

Sadly due to personal reasons I've had to pull out of the trip; hopefully it's something I can look into doing at a later date; but I hope you all have an amazing time - enjoy!

Lisa 

glewis-lee

Really sorry to hear that , I was certain that we were going to be roomy's as they usually put same sex , similar age . I'll let you know how it goes . Take care  Gill x

stevethebike99

Sorry to say that I sadly will not be coming on this trip now due to a slight (!) hiccup in my dates ( to be rebooked later) but I really hope that you all have just an incredible time and I look forward to seeing the stories & pictures in due course.... Steve

LBrowne

Hi there

I am booked on the 5 November departure - and am looking forward to my first trip to India. Has anyone else been before?

Lisa 

glewis-lee

No not been before , but looking forward to it .... onlay a few weeks away :)

I am going to London tomorrow to sort out my Visa, I'll  probably wait around for several hours so will be taking a good book .

I know another person going who was on my China trip 2 years ago .

Where do you live ??

katede

Hi Gill, Lisa and Emma,

It is getting very close now, i can't wait! ;) can i just ask what you are all doing about money? are you taking travellers cheques and if so what currency are you getting them in? i am guessing we take either sterling or dollars? x

glewis-lee

I am taking dollars as in previous trips exchanging has been a problem.

See you all next Thursday my mobile is 07917851350 if you fancy meeting up at the airport.

Gill

LBrowne

I wasn't sure what currency to take - a colleague of mine reckoned sterling was OK - but if you think dollars are better than I will look into getting those instead.

Lisa

LBrowne

Meant to ask if people know what the weather will be like ... what sort of evening temperatures can we expect?

glewis-lee

Cool but not cold  18c, I'm taking a jumper which should do the job.

ebaker2

Hello all,

My mobile number is 07876784674 if you want to meet at the airport.

I am coming straight from work (arghhh) on the piccidilly line to terminal 4.

Brief potted history - live in streatham, work in hr at roehampton university, come from southampton, first time to india (i'm sooo excited) and am taking dollar traveller cheques.

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936