AED - Anyone else 'walking like an egyptian' in February?


Anyone else on the Egyptian Discover trip leaving 13th Feb 2011? This will be my second Exodus trip but my first trip to North Africa. Really looking forward to it - already started a 'days to holiday' countdown.

 Hope to see you there

 Lucy :)



Hi Lucy,

Yes I'll be on this trip along with my wife Wendy, but we're getting an earlier flight, so we'll be arriving late on Saturday the 12th.  Our first trip with Exodus.  Been to North Africa before - Morocco a few years ago - but with a different company.

See you at the Pyramid Parks Hotel on Sunday 13th,


Hi Mike and Wendy, Nice to 'virtually' meet you both. Really excited about the trip, been intending to go to Egypt for some time. Going to the Tutankhamum exhibition in London a couple of years ago only encouraged me more! Admittedly I'm keeping a close eye on the protests in Egypt and checking the FCO website regularly – just in case. But all looks OK so far.

See you at the hotel on Sunday. Have a safe trip



Hi Lucy. Situation doesn't look good at the moment does it?  Exodus to make a decision, possibly Wednesday, about whether to cancel our trip.  As things stand, I would say cancellation is likely.

We have extra problem because I booked flights separately with Egyptair and currently there is no access to their website.


Hi Mike, Understandably Exodus has cancelled our trip. Very disappointed but due to current events not unexpected. Exodus were very good and I've transferred to the Yellowstone Wildlife Tour in the Summer. Still intend to go to Egypt one day - most likely on this trip, but going to wait to see what happens (maybe 2012, 2013?)

Sorry to hear about your flight troubles - hope you have been able to get in contact with Egypt air. Best wishes for any future trips you may take. Lucy :)


Mike, keep trying to get through to them.  In the meantime, notify your credit card company to charge back the airfare.  I did the same with Delta (booked myself) and when I called, they gave me the choice of either keeping the ticket and using it later, without a cancellation penalty, or taking the refund.  Since I really don't travel on Delta, unless there is no alternative, I opted to cancel and take the refund.  Egypt Air should do at least as much and if they don't, your credit card company can charge it back.


Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 020 8772 3936