Classic Peru 1st Oct 2011

This was a fantastic trip. The jungle was really interesting, rather hot and humid. We also had some thunderstorms which added to the effects. The tampopata Lodge is great and beautiful surroundings, food is good. Can't complain about anything only try to keep your voices down in the shared bungalows. When you get there you'll see what I mean.

The Inca trail was excellent, hard work but great even though it rained most of the days - but not all day. Again we had some thunder storms and the rainy season hasn't started! The porters and camp staff are excellent, food good adn too much especiallyt when you are trekking. The guides were brilliant - Flaminia and Ass Huilson. When you get to Machu Picchu and get to the place where most photos are taken its a WOW.

Lake Titcaca was also very interesting. Not sure I believe that the poeple do live on these reed islands but they were friendly. It appears quite touristy. The trip on the lake was good although perhaps a little too long.

Peru, what can I say, it exceeded all  my expectations. The people are so friendly and aprt from when you go towards Puno everywhere is clean. The alitplano drive was really interesting, miles and miles of nowhere. Children walking home from school for miles and you can't even see a homestead.

Thanks Exodus, it was our first trip with you and it won't be the last. Everything was so well organised. Would use a different airline next time (not Iberia).

Add new comment

Login or register to post comments

My Forum Activity

You have not posted anything in the forum yet.

Please create a topic or reply to a topic to see your forum activity.

Call us on 0208 772 3936